Middle management within companies is important. It is obvious, but often we strive in the search for professionals, who occupy the top of our organization without realizing that middle managers are as important, or more important than senior managers. Regarding the value of these professionals there is consensus of opinions:
- “Some people call them the glue of the company, because they are the connecting factor between strategy and operation”. Francisco Loscos, professor at ESADE.
- “They are responsible for ensuring that the strategy emanating from the leadership reaches who should reach and, at the same time, make information flow from the reality of the terrain to who makes decisions”. Carlos Capaz, Training Director at The Human Talent Factory.
As you can see, these middle positions have the responsibility of running the various areas of a company and if they do not do their job well, they can cause the department they run to fail.
For your organization to run smoothly and be well captained, here are 4 tips to hire the best middle managers.
1) What profile are you looking for?
- Identify the responsibilities of the position to be filled and the qualifications that a good leader should have to be successful in the position.
- Define the most appropriate class of leader for the employees who will be in charge based on you, the specific way they work and also the way the company operates in general. For this it is good that you take into account the functions of the work team, the time they have been performing them, how to interact among their members and the motivations they receive.
- Look for leaders who are in line with your company’s culture and values.
2) Let the past tell you about the future
3) Focus on the vision
- In what direction does the candidate think the business should go?
- How do you see the future?
- What do you think is the best way forward?
4) Simulates a leadership environment
Try TalentFY in a Live Demo
Try our recruiting platform without compromise.
And if it doesn’t work for you, YOU DON’T PAY No small print.
Join our News
Subscribe and receive our most exclusive content and news every month
directly in your inbox.