Cybersecurity is the order of the day and the demand for specialist profiles in this sector is rising exponentially. In addition, the media impact of computer attacks such as ransomware (data hijacking) makes companies much more interested in increasing investment to protect their data.
Which cybersecurity profiles are most in demand?
- Security engineer or security technician: they are graduates in Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or Information Systems. Its objective is to ensure the security of information, protect all systems from possible attacks and ensure the prevention of these.
- Cybersecurity auditors or ethical hacker: although the word “hacker” usually has negative connotations, many companies are interested in having antagonists of the “hackers” pirates. They are responsible for testing security and thereby detecting vulnerabilities in computer systems.
- Logic Security Manager: is responsible for access to both programs and databases. You must ensure that only authorized persons access the data that corresponds to you.
- CISO (Chief Information Security Officer): is responsible for information security. Its role is key to align everything that cybersecurity entails with the objectives of the company at a strategic level. Its main objective is to ensure that corporate information is properly protected.
- Data Protection Officer (DPO):This figure is responsible for verifying compliance with all that is implied by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It requires some independence from the organisation’s management and must ensure that all user data is treated correctly.
Demand for profiles in cybersecurity
- 59% of Spanish companies planned to increase their cybersecurity budget during 2018.
- 29% of the Spanish companies that participated in the study have plans for hiring staff and training in computer security subjects
In addition, this problem acquires an international level: the study of the Center for Cybersecurity and Education (ISC) predicts that 1.8 million profiles specialized in cybersecurity will be needed in 2023, and in most countries there are not enough workers who meet the requirements.
And you: Do you already have these types of profiles in your team? What do you do to protect your company’s computer data?
Try TalentFY in a Live Demo
Try our recruiting platform without compromise.
And if it doesn’t work for you, YOU DON’T PAY No small print.
Join our News
Subscribe and receive our most exclusive content and news every month
directly in your inbox.