In these businesses, the hiring of friends and relatives is frequent, placing in second place essential criteria in a good recruitment policy, such as the skills and abilities of the candidate.
Another problem we often see in family businesses is the lack of planning and structuring in the selection of personnel. Family businesses often hire on an ad hoc basis, which usually leads to poor recruitment.
Although family businesses do not usually have as many resources as large companies, this does not mean that they do not aspire to hire the best talent. It all depends on whether the organization takes care of its recruitment policy.
1) Become aware of the impact of poor recruitment
2) Evaluate the current status of your recruitment
3) Hire based on what you need
Above all, spontaneous recruitment must be avoided. For this, it is important to plan personnel needs in the medium and long term, taking into account business objectives.
Here are some steps to include in your recruitment strategy:
- Elaboration of the professional profile sought: the description has to be as detailed as possible.
- Define how you will evaluate candidates and what are the best recruitment channels for that vacancy.
- Write an attractive job offer capable of seducing the professional you are looking for.
- Hang the ad with the position on the selected recruitment channels.
- Do tests that allow you to screen for resumes.
- Conduct the interviews
- Make a decision based on candidate skills and fit with company culture.
4) Assesses the possibility of outsourcing selection processes
If you don’t want to end up hiring cat-for-hare, it may be advisable to go to outside recruiters to help you locate the talent you need.
5) Care for objectivity
Do you have a family business? Have you ever hired a bad profile? Do you follow any of the tips we gave you today?
Try TalentFY in a Live Demo
Try our recruiting platform without compromise.
And if it doesn’t work for you, YOU DON’T PAY No small print.
Join our News
Subscribe and receive our most exclusive content and news every month
directly in your inbox.